Saturday, September 17, 2016

Introduction

Hi, my name is Ally. I was diagnosed with anxiety and depression while serving a mission in McAllen, Texas. I came home after 11 months of service because I knew I wasn't going to get better in the field. I have been home for 4 years now and I have come to find beauty and blessings through my suffering, that I wouldn't have otherwise. My goal is to share with you stories of those who have had similar experiences as well as my own insights. I know from experience that sharing with others what you have gone through can help them in ways you never thought possible! We are here on this earth "to mourn with those that mourn, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort" (Mosiah 18:9). Heavenly Father loves each of us and I know He uses others to let us know we can do hard things.

Every Friday I will be featuring a different person's story. If you, or someone you know, would be interested in sharing an experience please comment and let me know. I want people to know they are not alone and there is hope! Also, please feel free to share this with those who are silently going through hard things. Thank you!

XOXO

5 comments:

  1. I love this. This is absolutely beautiful and amazing. I will share the heck out of this! And I'm willing to share my story as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bry! And I would love to share your story, just let me know when you're ready.

      Delete
  2. You're such a rave girl to do this I have it too but I'm not ready to share it but willingly to read it so I can understand it better besides having this made little worse for me cause I'm not goi g through my blindness issues and im deaf to start with besides all other illness but I'm always finding comfort I. Keeping my faith with the Lord going churn and try be around people low ho are uplifting and POSDITIVE it not easy to be out and about with many people around sometimes it just frightens me because of my blindness and not only that but I do t get that comfort zone and just rather go home and stay there ugh it's a struggle and depression too. But I'm better than few years ago it just slow for me. Keep up and we will touch others to hear it and get comfort knowing the Lord is on our side always thanks for sharing!
    M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a strong, beautiful woman. I don't even know you but just from your comment I can tell how amazing you are. It takes a fighter to go through what you are and I want you to know there are people cheering you on! Don't ever give up!

      Delete
  3. Ally I have seen your posts here and there but have never really read them until now. These are great, reading these is so nice to know I am not alone, that other moms go through this. I would be happy to share my story of my anxiety and depression journey if you need more people. Thanks for putting this all together.

    ReplyDelete